Stage 1 Age Group: 4 months +
Cook Time: 45-60 Min
Makes: 15 oz
- 1 medium acorn squash, cut in half and de-seeded
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, finely grated or 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 cup water or breast milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place on baking sheet, skin side down.
- Cook in oven for 45-60 minutes or until squash is tender and can be pricked with a fork. Let cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, remove squash from skin and place in blender. Add ginger and puree for 1 minute adding liquid in 1/4 cup increments, if needed.
- Store in an air-tight container. Good in the fridge for up to 4 days or 3 months in the freezer.
Inspired by: babyfoode.com