We are back sharing our favorite “baby food for thought” recipes. This weeks recipe is a broccoli and olive oil puree that we are sure your little one will love!
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into small florets.
- 1 small white potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat.
2. Place the broccoli and potato into a steamer basket and place over boiling water. Steam for 12-15 minutes or until the broccoli and potato are tender. Reserve water from steamer. Let cool slightly.
3. Add the broccoli, potato and olive oil into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding water from steamer in 1/4 cup increments if needed.
4. Feed puree to your little one. You’re going to want to have a Ziggy Baby bib on hand!
Pro tip: Want to save your leftovers? You can refrigerate for up to 4 days and freeze for up to 4 months. Make sure you store in an airtight container. Place leftover puree into a ice cube tray and freeze for easy storage and reuse purposes.
Recipe credit: http://www.babyfoode.com
Follow us on:
Great recipe but not sure that freezing is a good idea , for my experience potato purée does not freeze well